Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Eureka, Eureka, Σμέουρο* !


Eureka, Eureka! Finally Some real Tameshk: These wild berries (or wild raspberry) are what we call Tameshk back home. I found them in California, in a route along the coast. It was a colorful start for autumn.

Yesterday after a poetic meeting - no really it was a Persian poetry reading class**- I have updated Tameshk In Kitchen. So far, my Blogrolling has some problem pinging it; so consider yourself pinged. I should go now, I am about to read an article by David Little called Collectivity and New York Alternative Spaces: the title tickles me!


Tameshk (wild berry), California, Autumn 2007



* Σμέουρο means raspberry in Greek.

** Persian Reading is a class at Princeton IAS: we will read Bostan by Saadi, but the main focus of the class will be on Masnavi by Molana (Rumi). The readings will be under Dr. Ja'fari's supervision.


2 comments:

Nazy said...

Dear Tameshk: That is a sweet picture. Maybe the message for you is that "only those in California know and appreciate what Tameshk is?!" So, come and live here! I will go check out Tameshk in Kitchen for sure.

I found the owner of the yellow suede jacket (it was Ehsan's). Your name was mentioned on my blog today (the "Mastan Salamat Mikonand" post). Come and visit and please leave a poem on that post, as I'm inviting all to participate in the uplifting exercise of sharing poetry, regardless of language, style, and poet. I miss you.

Tameshk said...

Nazy Joo

California has far better than Tameshk bushes for me to use as an excuse to come and live there; For one thing I will be close to Nazy Joonam for a routine intellectual chat over lunch.

And oh! I love "uplifting exercises" I am on it.