Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Lift Not the Painted Veil!

To Shelley, to my lost love and to St. Giuliano Terme, a village near Pisa, where Shelly had staid for its healing water spring and where I am located for most of this trip.


Dear Shelley
I have lifted the painted veil
And I am too,
"Found them not: Things to Love."
Though I still seek my lost heart
Under the painted veil.


"Lift not the painted veil which those who live
Call Life: though unreal shapes be pictured there,
And it but mimic all we would believe
With colours idly spread,--behind, lurk Fear
And Hope, twin Destinies; who ever weave
Their shadows, o'er the chasm, sightless and drear.
I knew one who had lifted it--he sought,
For his lost heart was tender, things to love,
But found them not, alas! nor was there aught
The world contains, the which he could approve.
Through the unheeding many he did move,
A splendour [ed. splendor] among shadows, a bright blot
Upon this gloomy scene, a Spirit that strove
For truth, and like the Preacher found it not."



*By Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792-1822)
*Me in the streets of Lucca, Italy, Summer 2007.




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ای آرزوی آرزو آن پرده را بردار زو
من کس نمی‌دانم جز او مستان سلامت می‌کنند
آن جا که یک با خویش نیست یک مست آن جا بیش نیست
آن جا طریق و کیش نیست مستان سلامت می‌کنند

Nazy said...

O.K. Since that comment is really meaningful to me, here I go, too:

Mastan Salamat Mikonand.....

What a great picture Tameshk! What a telling and beautiful picture. It says so much about you, what you are doing, how you are feeling, and how Italy is...and it's all GOOD. It's all GREAT. I am so glad my friend. Have a good time, enjoy yourself Tameshk Jan.

Nazy said...

Tameshk Jan. May I ask for your permission to use that picture in my blog? It is just too precious to pass, I believe! I understand if you don't want to my friend, though--it will not disappoint me, as I am weary of safeguarding my own privacies on the internet, too. Be good Bella!

Nazy said...

Salam. Thank you my friend.

http://nazykaviani.blogspot.com/2007/06/art-happens-in-tuscany.html

Anonymous said...

A demonstration of entanglement: the entanglement of you and Italy!
(Please see this:
http://searchsmb.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,290660,sid44_gci341428,00.html)

Tameshk said...

Dearest Nazy

Thanks a lot for your lovely comments . You have always flattered me with your supportive comments and beautiful intuitions.

And Dear A.Sh. Thanks for the lovely poem. You have no idea how happy it made me.

Anonymous said...

درهم تنیدگی (1) یکی از زیباترین نمودهای یکپارچگی (2) در طبیعت است که شواهد فیزیکی برای آن وجود ‏دارد. حالا وقتی ما خوب نگاه می کنیم می بینیم رُکنی از زیبایی شناختی طبیعت هم هست. برای من خیلی جالب ‏است که اخیرا داریوش مهرجویی به توصیه ی داریوش شایگان کتاب زیبایی از مایکل تالبوت ترجمه کرده به نام ‏جهان هولوگرافیک که سراسر مبتنی بر همین ایده هاست. تصویر شما نیز برای من بازگو کننده ی چنین فضایی ‏بود: چیزی در نهاد شما یا نگاه شما با آن چه منظور بوده درهم آمیخته؛ درهم تنیدگی ناظر و منظور!ر

‏1 ‏entanglement
‏2 ‏wholeness‏ ‏

Nazy said...

Tameshk Jan Salam. Azat bikhabaram! I hope you are well and happy my friend, accomplishing what you set out to do. Be good wherever you are.

Nazy said...

Salam Tameshk Jan. I hope you are well my friend! It's been a long stretch without news of your well-being and achievements on your trip. Please do share the good news of your safety with us. I miss you sweet Roja. Have an enjoyable time--you deserve it. N.

Anonymous said...

Dear Roja,
We've missed your posts so much.
Hope you're doing ok and spending your most fabulous times ever.

Nazy said...

Tameshk Jan: I keep coming by to see if there is any news of you my friend. I hope you are having a wonderful time wherever you are. Just know that you are missed and some people are thinking about you. Take care, prosper, shine, and sparkle my friend.

Anonymous said...

Paging Ms. Tameshk...Paging Ms. Tameshk....