Monday, June 11, 2007

Honor & Obligation

I just had lunch with a group of lovely mathematicians some of them I knew from Stony Brook. They are here in Princeton to celebrate Bill Thurston’s 60th birthday. I am done packing. Yesterday I labeled all the cabinet doors in the kitchen and last night I changed the pot-soil for my plants. Today I canceled my visit to the Big Apple; I wanted to buy some sets of #30 silver guitar strings for my brother, which, now, I will get them in Italy.

Finally, at daybreak tomorrow, I have the obligation for doing the last set of my laundry (Please read dirty laundry). Then I am ready to leave Princeton for Europe honorably. Funny enough my coffee cup also agrees:

"Many people search blindly for the “ meaning of life.” What they don’t seem to understand, is that life does not have meaning through mere existence or acquisition or fun. The meaning of life is inherent in the connections we make to others through honor and obligation."
(--Dr. L. Schlessinger, International radio host and author, published on The Way I See It # 205)

from Compositions, Colors, Ideas,
Sonia Delaunay, 1930s




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tameshk Janam:

Bon voyage! Have a safe and wonderful trip my friend. Enjoy your break and your family. You deserve the best. Take it easy and fill your eyes and ears with visions and sounds of Iran. Eat good BAD food, and take walks to interesting places. Embrace and kiss those you love and let them shower you with love and attention. Please write in your blog, so we know how you are (if you can). Have a wonderful trip my friend.

Anonymous said...

Tameshk Jan
Have a safe and wonderful trip. Nothing in better that visiting Europe in the summer. I wish I could do it this year.
And one more thing about your previous post and Mrs. Secret’s bras!! Well. I got my first Mrs. Secret’s bras around three months ago as a gift. As a poor student, it was too much for me to spend $50 on a bra! But as soon as wore the first one, I found the secret. It worth the price. Try it and you never try any other brand bra again! It may sounds too much but as my long time experience with uncomfortable bras I found it worth every penny! If you can find a push up or wireless for $19, don’t even think about it. Just buy it and if you don’t like it, send it to me!! I will get it!

Have a wonderful and safe trip again my lovely friend.

Anonymous said...

من محو این تصویر شده ام .....ا

Anonymous said...

Tameshk Jan. I hope you are well and that you have completed your journey safely. Enjoy yourself my friend.

Tameshk said...

Dear Nazy

yes I am here safe and sound. Thanks for all your support.

Leva Joonam
Wow, Thanks !
it is an honor to have your comment on Tameshk. Now I should try V.Secret Bras, but first I should find someone to get one for me ;)

And Dearst A. Sh.
Thanks for your lovely comment. I love that too. you should check other designs and works by Sonia Delaunay. They are all engaging.