Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oscar Countdown!

This is my speculation list of the winners among the Oscar Nominees in different categories mostly based on my favorite movies. I don't mention Makeup and Sound since I think for these one needs to be an expert, even for guessing:

Actor in a Leading Role: Leonardo DiCaprio for Blood Diamond: I like for Leonardo to win but I don’t mind if the Oscar goes to Forest Whitaker for The Last King of Scotland.


Actor in a Supporting Role: Jackie Earle Haley for Little Children: He really deserves it; he was damn believable!

Actress in a Leading Role: Oh God it is a very hard category I love all of them although I think Merly Streep has a small chance. My first choice is Judi Dench for Notes on a Scandal. Then of course Penelope Cruz and Helen Mirren and Kate Winslet are all great. It would be funny if both Kate and Leonardo win the Oscar tonight I would love that!

Actress in a Supporting Role: Abigail Breslin for Little Miss Sunshine. Kate Blanchett is not even close although she gave a good performance in Notes on a Scandal.

Animated Feature Film: I will kill myself if Happy Feet wins this one; it as a horrible animation. I think Cars is the best choice here.

Art Direction: By sure I vote for Pan’s Labyrinth: I don’t think The Good Shepherd has that much chance when Pirates of the Caribbean is there.

Cinematography: This one is an argumentative category for me, since the ones that I think deserved it are not even nominated. I will go with the Children of Men.

Costume Design: Dearm Girls will get this one, but I like for the Marie Antoinette to win!

Directing: this is my favorite category and of course I think Martin Scorsese for The Departed.

Documentary Feature: I only saw An Inconvenient Truth which I don’t think will win. I think Jesus Camp and Iraq in Fragments haven’t much chance either. So I don’t guess this one. The same is with Documentary Short: I like for The Recycled Life to win but …

Film Editing: The Departed is the best candidate for the Oscar!

Foreign Language Film: I like for the Water to win, and I hate it if Days of Glory wins.

Music (Score): The Good German, and then Babel and for Music (Song): Dream Girls doesn’t give any chance to others.

Best Picture: Little Miss Sunshine by sure is going to get it. It is going to be another surprise like Crash for the last year. And Boy I love surprises.

Short Film (Animated) I like The Danish Poet to win just because Torill Kove has a good eye for portraying small things.

Short film (Live Action): I didn’t see any of the movies here, which is a shame!

Visual Effects: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, although Superman Returns will take it!

Writing (Adapted Screenplay): Is the most competitive category. I like for the Notes on a Scandal to win but I think they will give it to The Departed.

Writing (Original Screenplay): Little Miss Sunshine deserves it and it will make my upset if they give it to Letters from Iwo Jima.


Have a Happy Oscar Night !



No comments: