Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Orleans

I am in New Orleans with Hossein who is going to attend the Joint AMS/MAA Annual Meeting starting tomorrow. We got here this morning and we will be here for 4 days. I usually don’t join him in his Math trips, mostly because they are 1 or 2 day trips and I don’t feel good in short trips. I think my body needs some time to cope with the new environment and moving fast will make things confusing. So far we have had a good time. It started to rain an hour ago. We are settled in the French Quarter. I don’t know whether it is this area of the town or New Orleans in general, but here is really different from the other American cities that I’ve been to so far.

For me the city atmosphere and architectural view is a constant reminder of Bandar-e-Anzali, my dad’s hometown, by the Caspian sea. I am taking a lot of pictures but I have to get back home to post them since I forgot to bring the USB cord.





My grandmother’s back yard in Bandar-e-Anzali, 2006




No comments: