Thursday, April 27, 2006

Goose Brood

Yesterday was the twentieth anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster. No one wants another Chernobyl. Human beings make mistakes but these mistakes fall out of the accident category and become disasters under a utilitarian government like in 1986 in Chernobyl. Excuses are not acceptable when lives are in danger, when freedom is taking away, when force playfully sits instead of choice, when one knows the unforgettable past and pretends to be above all mistakes like today in Iran. I am afraid; where in the world will it be the next one? Iran is not far from my thoughts and worries.

Two nights ago I saw Ice Age The Meltdown (2006). I was surprised when the offer for seeing it came from my lovely husband. To tell the truth there was not much room for surprise since I was expecting it and it was kind of my award for being less annoying in the last two weeks, while he was working on some kind of an unfinished paper with his friend. Ice Age (2002) was much better than The Meltdown; not much surprise here either since the first one in these cases are always better; there is only one famous contour example and that is Godfather part II (1974).

After getting some works done on Monday I felt more comfortable about my presentation. But the most overwhelming things in the last week were these cute Goose Brood coming out of their nest perhaps for the first time to walk around with their parents.

If you could only imaging how annoying is the sound of a single goose at 6 o’clock in the morning! You might kill yourself after a month or so especially if you live with the geese and me in the same place. Nonetheless you will forgive them when you see their little brood but you won’t forgive me; I am unforgivable.



No comments: