Sunday, December 02, 2007

Snow in 08540

It started snowing early this morning. So I changed my plans from visiting Fazal Sheikh’s photo exhibition to a mug of hot chocolate and reading BBC news on Bibi-Huryeh. Luckily, Khavar Sultan was parked in the garage; shoveling Kharvar would be the last thing on my list today!

I will catch up this enchanting photo exhibition on Tuesday. Beloved Daughters: Photgraphs by Fazal Sheikh has combined two of Sheikh's projects: one focuses the dispossessed widows in northern India (reminds me of Water directed by Deepa Mehta!)and the other confronts the lives of young girls in a traditional society that its merits are changing by modernity. Since early October I wanted to see this exhibition; Sheik’s black & white photograph presented on the exhibition banner was so striking that I still cannot take the image out of my head. The exhibition will be up until January 6th 2008.


Snow in 08540, Princeton, December 2007



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wowww, it should be very cold!!! I haven't seen snow for 3 years :(
bayram

Leva said...

Just take a look what did i found today for my sundays picture. I have to travel at least two hours to take a picture of a leaf and snow.
Today was cold and windy, i wished rain early today, but nothing had happened.
I am glad you back home safe. I wish we could share that hot coco together.
Stay warm and safe girl.

Mehran said...

Tameshk jan I really miss you already, I wish u were around and hanging out with you and hossein was easier.

Tameshk said...

Dearest Byram

Thanks for your comment especially its nostalgic non-smiley face.

You are welcome to come here anytime during winter as well as all other seasons.

Leva Joonam

your Leaf and color photo was a very fiery one, indeed. I cannot wait to host you guys here and then we can have some hot coco.


Dearest Mehran

I've missed you guys terribly ! I hope to see you soon either on this coast or the other.