Friday, February 03, 2006

Clean House vs. Clean Country or
How did a Monkey become President? *

Things that can make you more tired than what you already are: First having a discussion with your partner (in my case the husband) about cleaning the house; then going to an overcrowded swimming pool and sharing a lane with two screaming kids while their mother tries to teach them how to swim; and last but not least after a slightly nice dinner in a much cleaner home watching Charlie Rose on channel thirteen and realizing that the program is a depressing Discussion About Iran.

I wanted Tameshk to be about Art History more than anything else. But how could I ignore hearing bad news about and from my country, Iran, day after day. It is devastating and nostalgically upsetting to see how a Fundamentalist group, from nowhere, in less then a year can ruin all the achievements of the former Reformist government. I can only hope that people around the world would realize that the current government by no means represents people’s beliefs in Iran.



This is a picture of the Monkey Chain in Sackler gallery at Smithsonian, DC


* The title was suggested by my Husband after cleaning the house for 2 hours.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been looking all week for some good ideas to take care of my house.

Thanks!
great dog food recipes

CARPET WATER REMOVAL said...

Hey Great Blog! Need any information on cleaning Check out my web site CARPET WATER REMOVAL it relates to CARPET WATER REMOVAL